|Liliaceae: Lilium tigrinum (or lancifolium)||
|Tiger Lily, 2003|
No information yet.
December 31: A few stalks and flowers.
There were a couple of lily beetles in the spring but none later.
It looks like the systemic insecticide I applied a few years ago is still working.
June 20: Strong healthy stems in one spot in the raised bed.
More stems elsewhere but I'm not sure they're tiger lilies.
June 24: Some in the raised bed and a few still by the old sweet pea spot.
September 23: Only one plant in the raised bed flowered.
May 12: Up a few cm.
June 17: Large, multiplying, and flourishing.
July 2: Budding.
August 6: Flowering is almost over.
I used a couple of buds in hot and sour soup.
October 16: I dug the bulbs today in preparation for the installation of the raised flower bed,
and planted them today behind the sweet pea trellis, at the north end.
May 1: Many small plants.
July 4: Coming along fine.
August 3: Many buds.
18: Many flowers, beginning about 2 days ago.
May 6: Sprouts today.
August 13: Just coming into flower now.
April 21: Up.
24: No, that was an allium!
April 26: What I believe is the tiger lily is up and growing well.
August 1: Doing well. In flower now.
May 4: 3 shoots are showing.
28: They are the largest of the lilies right now.
July 27: Flowering beautifully now.
May 4: Shoots are up now, but not 3 days ago.
June 23: Doing well, with tall strong stems.
August 20: First flowers.
May 8: I believe that one of the lily shoots is from this lily.
July 5: Yes, there are several shoots of this lily.
They can be distinguished by the black bulbils at the base of the leaves.
August 3: First flower.
There are 2 stalks.
October 19: This was the first lily to die back.
September 7: I took some bulbils from plants in the English garden,
and scattered them in the lily bed a few days ago.
When I looked today, intending to plant them, I could not find them.
September 20: I took 2 plants from Erika Kinn's garden,
and 2 bulbils, and planted them.