|Cruciferae: Brassica oleracea L.||
I started 6 cells using 9 newly purchased seeds of Chidora Red.
One seed, which is on top of the soil, can be seen to be sprouting.
Almost all seeds have sprouted and are sending roots down.
The rootlet hair fuzz can be seen near the seed.
One sprout has its seed leaves.
I moved them under the lights.
7 plants are in the garden and looking fine.
2 died during hardening off. They were under the clothes dryer vent.
April 27: I started 6 cells today with my last 6 seeds.
I have left them in the basement in a plastic bag to sprout.
May 23: No germination. Discarded.
April 25: I started 6 cells today, 2 seeds per cell.
May 7: Only 1 sprout so far.
21: I set it out.
January 1: I bought seeds from T&T of flowering Nagoya mix.
May 3: I started 14 seeds in 14 cells.
31: I got only 2 sprouts, and am now down to 1 plant.
July 4: That 1 plant is coming along fine.
August 3: Coming along fine.
January 1: None this year.
May 13: I sowed 2 rows of ornamental kale, Nagoya mix, in the garden.
I bought the seeds a few weeks ago at T&T.
31: One sprout today.
June 16: Still only the one sprout.
24: Alas, Ben removed it during weeding.
May 29: I sowed 10 seeds of Red Peacock ornamental kale seeds,
June 11: No sprouts.
~April 4: Started some seeds.
May 26: Planted 2.
31: +2 at Parkview.
June 1: 1 dead, perhaps a cutworm.
July 29: 1 doing very well.
April 17: Planted 30 Red Peacock seeds.
21: 28 sprouts.
20: About 13 planted and doing well.
July 4: Doing well. Dusted with rose dust as a preventative.
September 4: Doing very well.
September 30: A killing frost, the first hard one.
Plants still going.